Subject: Re: Viewing slides
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 19:47:55 -0500

I have a really strange viewer that I like to use. It was made by the David
White company and does not use a magnifiying lens. Its difficult to
describe but I'll try. The slide slot is near the top front and covered by
a frosted window. Light (from the lamp behind your shoulder) shines through
the frosted window and slide, projecting an image into the viewer where it
is reflected from a magnifying mirror out through an opening an into your
eyes.

Another nice one can be found at swap meets. It is brown plastic and
binocular. (looks like a stereo viewer but it isn't) the lenses and prisms
are all glass and it uses two D cells to provide illumination. These are
often seen for $10-$15.

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>