Subject: Re: Hektor 135mm 4.5 Fungus
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:58:23 -0500

When inspecting used lenes, shine a penlight through the lens from front to
back and back to front while looking into the other end. If there is fungus
or haze you will see it. If you don't use a flashlight it is easy to miss.

To prvent these problems store you lenes in a dry place and put light
through them often.

kw

>Forgive my ignorance. I never have seen fungus on a lens and I
>don't want to be surprised by it when a buy one. Is it obvious
>at first sight or do I have to look carefully?
>
>What can I do to save my own lenses?
>
>Regards, Rainer

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>