Subject: Re: M3 finder in M6
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 14:03:36 -0500

> >Leica will replace a defective M3
> >finder with an M6J (I guess because they are running out of clean M3
> >finders), but will not swap an M6 with the M6J.  This is not allowed by the
> >Leica Solms.
>
> "Not allowed"???
> Why ever not?

As I pointed out to someone in private email, if they allowed it then
the price of a new M6 + the M6J rangefinder modification would probably be
significantly less than the price of the "exclusive" M6J, thus killing
all sales potential of that model.

I find that pretty annoying.  It would be much better if they just
brought the price of the M6J down to a more realistic level.

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd