To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: 20mm Russar
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 96 11:04:00 PDT
Encoding: 26 TEXT

I just exchanged faxes with SRS in the UK:

SRS Ltd
94 The parade
High St
Watford
Herts
WD1 2AW
U.K.

They quote UK Pounds 279 inc. P&P for a new lens, including a 2cm viewfinder
with parallax compensation (!). Only snag is that the lens does not have
original packing, which Andrew Warren of SRS says is common with "... a lot
of Russian equipment."

They accept Mastercard or Visa from the US. At the current rate of approx.
1.50 that comes to around $420. I ordered one today and will let everyone
know how good their service is and how good the lens is.

The direct fax from the US for SRS is 011 44 1923 254543 - 5 hours ahead of
east coast US time.

Best regards,

Thomas