To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: M meters and quality generally
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 96 10:00:50 -0700

>>Do any of the
>>MR4s have other than CdS cells?
>
>There's actually nothing wrong with the CdS system for metering.  The SPD
>doesn't offer any significant advantage over CdS.  The MR-4 is accurate
>enough to satisfy the demands of even the strictest of current emulsions --
>or at least those which are commercially available.

I don't doubt that. I've used CdS meters very successfully for years, my
LunaPro, Rollei 35s, Pen FT, ad nauseam, all have good CdS cell meters.
But
by comparison to the spd cell meters in my Nikon FM, 35Ti and Autometer
III,
the low light response (where I need the meter the most) is slow with CdS
cells and very speedy with spds. Thus I'd like an spd meter if one is
available.

Godfrey