To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4 & M5
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 02:30:45 -0600

The M5 is a wonderful camera and I use it regularly. I like its ergononics
and metering. Unfortunately, I am told that repairing the meter may be very
expensive. Our local expert, John van Stelten, warned me about this.

In any case, my meter and shutter are extremely accurate and reliable. The
only problem is finding the batteries (mercury) for the meter.

The camera is big, but has manual aperture and shutter priority thanks to
the fact that the speed selector dial protrudes forward. It also appears to
be more quiet than the M6.

Best regards,

Chris