To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4 & M5
From: Bob Sperling <bowtie@abest.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 07:34:00 -0400

............>luckily I saw the hint of the 'guttapercha', so I can fix small
places myself.
>Somebody knows where to find this stuff?
>Henk
>
>--
>  Henk    Thijs                 tel: +31-(0)43-3661249
>  Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC    fax: +31-(0)43-3661300
>  Horsterweg 11       email: henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be
>  NL-6191 RX  Beek(l)     T h e  N e t h e r l a n d s

Henk: I got my gutta-percha from a friendly dentist.  It came in small flat
sheets.  Use a soldering iron, or anything that will heat a small piece of
it, and it will flow into the cracks of the vulcanite.  My friends at Leica
told me that they use Kodak Brushing Lacquer #4 to paint the results black.
I imagine that any shoe polish would do the trick as well, if you can't get
the Kodak item.
Bowtie