To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: SM shutter problem
From: corkflor@iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:39:56 +0000

I'm having a minor problem with my oldest SM Leica 1 of 1932 vintage.

Having performed faultlessly since I bought it, the shutter's now sometimes
not running down properly.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the cure for this is a small drop
of oil (but what oil?) where the long spring on the base of the camera is
tripped by the release rod (or whatever trips it).

a) Is this a cure?
b) What lubricant is recommended (remember I'm in Ireland)?
c) Should I even attempt this in the first place?

Any of you mechanical buffs out there have the answer?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Cork Florists