To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: dating M6's
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 13:14:46 -0700

At 06:06 AM 5/19/96 -0700, you wrote:

>That's right. Rogliatti mentions briefly the "Panda", but it is a
>silver-chrome model as far as Leica is concerned. The black knobs do not
>alter that fact. You probably have a very early Panda since the Pandas were
>mainly produced 1990 to 1993/1994.
>
>Must be all shooters on here. Though I am also, I thought that there would
>be some input to my question the other day re: the "Action Leader" model.

I must have missed it. What's an action leader model?

As for Chrome, I prefer the chrome finish because it keeps its look longer
than the black finish, and I think they look good. In addition, they look
less "professional" than all black, which seems to me to be an advantage
when trying to be inobtrusive. Looks like a point and shoot to most people.
David Allen Harvey had one advantage using Leica Ms in Peru, when the
shining path guerrillas were still doing their thing, because they didn't
like journalists. Having a touristy looking camera probably saved him a lot
of grief.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca> (Re: dating M6's)