To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Desires
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 13:14:47 -0700

At 10:02 AM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

>complex environment. Also, our subjective judgment and enthusiasm for a
>lens can bias the objectivity of evaluations through picture taking.

Let's not denigrate "subjective" all that much here. Seems to me that's a
very important part of judging whether you like a lens line or not.

And to assume test targets are "objective" seems dubious to me, because they
really don't give the "whole picture" of lens performance. Just because a
lens might not live up to other lenses on a particular "number" doesn't mean
overall it isn't the best choice.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: Leica Desires)