To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica and Customer Satisfaction
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 10:05:30 -0400 (EDT)

In March, 1995, I ordered an APO-Televid through my local camera store along
with the 40X and 20X eyepieces and the camera adaptor.  In July, the scope
came in with the 40X eyepiece, and I ordered the zoom eyepiece to complete
the set.  Months and months and months of back-orders followed.  Other
orders -- such as that for a 2.5/90 Colorplan-P2 CF projection lens -- were
filled immediately.

On Sunday, 5 May, I sent Leica in New Jersey a FAX griping about this.  I
never received a reply of any sort by phone, FAX, or E-Mail, but the 20x
eyepiece and camera adaptor were shipped on Tuesday and in on Thursday.  I
suspect that's the only answer I'll get to my FAX!

The moral?  Keep the pressure on, guys!  They'll respond!

And I'm STILL awaiting the Zoom eyepiece ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!