To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica and Customer Satisfaction
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Sherril & Bill)
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 09:08:06 -0700

You wrote:

>In March, 1995, I ordered an APO-Televid through my local camera store
along
>with the 40X and 20X eyepieces and the camera adaptor.  In July, the
scope
>came in with the 40X eyepiece, and I ordered the zoom eyepiece to
complete
>the set.  Months and months and months of back-orders followed.  Other
>orders -- such as that for a 2.5/90 Colorplan-P2 CF projection lens --
were
>filled immediately.
>
>On Sunday, 5 May, I sent Leica in New Jersey a FAX griping about this.
>never received a reply of any sort by phone, FAX, or E-Mail, but the
20x
>eyepiece and camera adaptor were shipped on Tuesday and in on
Thursday.  I
>suspect that's the only answer I'll get to my FAX!
>
>The moral?  Keep the pressure on, guys!  They'll respond!

Hello Marc,

I am not sure, but I think you might be dealing with the wrong camera
store.  It is the dealers responsibility to contact Leica N.J. or the
Leica rep., or whom ever, and light a fire under those people to get
you the product you have ordered.  There are too many dealers out there
that 'really want' your business, and are willing to work for it.

Moral:  When you are paying top dollar for quality product, you should
expect first class service.

P.S.  If you send a FAX to Leica Solms, evern if the FAX is in Englist,
you will get a reply.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, CO