To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Reflections from a new M6 owner
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 19:28:51 -0400

Brad Reisner wrote:

> So, which lenses are really NOT compatible ? (I've heard things about the
> DR 50, etc. anybody have a full list ?)

I use a 50 DR onmy M6 with no problem.

> What's the big fuss about file loading ? I shot 15 rolls in the last two
> weeks, and didn't have any problems, didn't have to trim any leaders,
> etc....

Pre-M4 cameras have some special requirements.

> Any recommended gadgets ? (like the M-grip ?)

I find a visoflex II or III to be very handy. Since I bulk load, Leica
cassettes are handy, but you'll have to replace that M6 baseplate.

> Regarding the whole "I-sent-my-strap-back.... etc etc etc" thing...
> Personally, the strap that comes with the camera is a bit uncomfortable. Is
> the wide strap (advertised by Tamarkin, etc) any better ?

Don't know about that wide strap. I like the M6 strap enough to have
gotten them for my M2 and M4 also.

> Anything else I should know about ?

Leave that clear plastic protector on the base plate. It harms nothing
and protects the baseplate.

--
Ken Wilcox                          wilcox@umcc.umich.edu
Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits