To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Delivery Services
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 06:52:09 -0400

>At 04:21 PM 5/15/96 -0700, Bill Erfurth wrote:
>>
>>Come on Marc, level with us... that last post was a joke... wasn't it?

>As to fine print, again, look at the UPS/FEDEX contract:  they don't insure
>unique items outside the US.  I don't want to be sending a $2,000 camera
>overseas and have it turn up missing -- not unlikely with the miserable
>track record of both UPS and FEDEX -- and lack insurance to collect.  No
>thanks -- I may shoot Leica and be a lawyer, but the former keeps me from
>being wealthy ...

I haven't seen any such fine print; perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.
UPS was happy to take my insurence money when I sent my IIIg to Leica
Canada for a CLA. Seem to me that if they took my money for insurence that
thay have, defacto, insured it.

On the other hand, have you ever tried to collect from the USPS for an
insured package? The last time I tried, I was told that I had to PROVE what
was in the package because they "had no way of knowing that it contained
what I said it did, or that it was worth that much money.

Go figure!

kw

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>