To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: finder perspective
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 07:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Viewing through and SLR, if I switch between a 35mm and 50mm lens, not
only will the magnification look different, but in the viewfinder image,
the near-far relationship of objects will look different. Won't this
change in perspective be absent if I switch between lenses on an M6?
Stated another way, in viewing through a wide angle lens in an SLR,
background objects look like they recede more than with a telephoto lens.
Hm, I'll have to get out both cameras and see.

Michael Volow, M.D. (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Department of Psychiatry, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933