To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RF Viewfinder vs. Reflex Viewfinder (was: Phillistines...)
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 23:47:58 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

In my transitions between Nikon reflex and Leica M, I have to adjust to
the fact that perspective is different. On one hand, the reflex viewfinder
displays objects in the perspective of the focal length of the attached
lens (e.g. wide angle lenses show wide angle perspective). What ways to
people compensate for the fact that the Leica M viewfinder, though framing
accurately, displays only the perspective of a 40-50mm lens. That is, the
perspective of the finder image cannot change to match, for example, a
28mm or 135mm lens. I wonder if I compose differently with my M6's 35mm/2
Summicron M vs. my Nikon FM's 35/2 Nikor?

Michael Volow, M.D. (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Department of Psychiatry, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (RF Viewfinder vs. Reflex Viewfinder)