To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: finder perspective
From: paul@research.att.com (Paul Krzyzanowski)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 96 00:42:38 EDT

I'm confused. The perspective is a function of your vantage point, not
the focal length. If you consider only the area within the frame lines
for your lens, the viewed image should be exactly the same as the image
you'll see in your Nikon's finder.  The difference is that with the
Leica finder you'll see (depending on the lens) more of the scene outside
the frame lines. That can be either an aid or a distraction.

Paul
-----

Replies: Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: finder perspective)