To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 21:17:46 +0100

In message <316D2BD0.5F65@gp.magick.net>, Eric Welch
<ewelch@gp.magick.net> writes

>All I know is that a guy on Compuserve, who used to work for 47th Street
>in New York (yech, ptui!), uses Canon screw mount lenses on his M6. He
>raves about them to distraction, actually.

I don't (yet) understand this phenomenon; you can get Canon lenses
easily- they fit onto Canon slrs, and cheaply too. So what's the big
deal with putting them on a Leica? Unless, of course, one gets a
different optical quality or character *that isn't otherwise
obtainable*.

> And if you want, I'll get
>some more info from him.

Yes please, more info wanted!

>The person you are talking to is seemingly
>trying to sell you what he has, not send you to someone who has
>something he doesn't.

I got the feeling I'd attempted to draw him outside of his area of
knowledge, and shop people often don't like that! It does seem a little
amazing with hindsight actually- now what kind of fool would suggest
that Canon and Nikon Leica Thread-Mount rangefinder-coupled lenses
wouldn't work on a Leica thread-mount rangefinder? I think I feel sorry
for him now...
--
joe b.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????)