To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 13:02:21 +0200

>So, could someone please clarify this for me? What Nikon/Canon rf lenses
>could I use on an M6, what mount are they, what adapter is required, and
>would the rangefinder couple properly? (Fingers crossed hoping for easy-
>to-understand answer...). I'll understand this or go mad trying.

A non-technical answer: I've seen some of the books that David Douglas
Duncan has published and he almost always pushes Japanese lenses in the
supplements. If my memory serves me right he talks about using Nikon lenses
on his screw-mount Leicas in the appendix to "This is war", and he is very
specific about the usage of Nikon and Canon lenses on his M Leicas in
another book showing pictures of Pablo Picasso. [If you're interested in the
details I'll check my library at home.] The conclusion is: You can use these
lenses with your Leicas (as some other LUG members have already clarified)
and also some famous photographers really did it. So, why not give it a try?

Edi.

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????)