To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 19:36:08 +0100

In message <9604111102.AC15395@sun1.rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de>, Edi
Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de> writes
>A non-technical answer: I've seen some of the books that David Douglas
>Duncan has published and he almost always pushes Japanese lenses in the
>supplements.

I read this as meaning that he is pushing the use of Japanese lenses on
Leicas rather than using the Leica lenses, correct? I'd be fascinated to
know WHY. There must be a reason for this. There's something going on
here that I don't understand.

> If my memory serves me right he talks about using Nikon lenses
>on his screw-mount Leicas in the appendix to "This is war", and he is very
>specific about the usage of Nikon and Canon lenses on his M Leicas in
>another book showing pictures of Pablo Picasso. [If you're interested in the
>details I'll check my library at home.]

Yes, please, and I just wonder if any of these books are still in print.

> The conclusion is: You can use these
>lenses with your Leicas (as some other LUG members have already clarified)
>and also some famous photographers really did it. So, why not give it a try?

I shall do so. I'm actually not terribly sure why I want to, but
sometimes you just gotta try something. I sold lots of Nikon gear in
order to get more Leica gear, and now I'm thnking of using elderly
Japanese lenses on Leicas. Its a funny old world.
--
joe b.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????)