To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: The Russians
From: henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be (Henk Thijs)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 12:18:48 GMT

On saturday I found two 'bronze' Leica's on a flea market in Maastricht for
about 200 US Dollar and on sunday morning a 'golden' one in Aachen (Germany)
for almost the same price.
According to a former 'Leicameister' -who repairs only 'mechanical' Leica's,
and makes a living out of it; even in a small country like Holland
this is possible!- this are rough made russian Leica's. I was number 5 in that
week asking him what to do.
He adviced not to buy; so I bought a real russian , Leica look, camera -FED?-
for 50 bucks and was only a little disappointed detecting at home that loading
a film was impossible. The inside was obviously used for other purposes.
Thanks a lot for all advise.
Henk

Replies: Reply from Nick Jackson <jacks@pop.jaring.my> (Re: The Russians)