To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M5
From: "Henk Thijs" <henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:22:02 +0000

Chris wrote,
>I use my M5 a lot and my meter is fine. I know that the metering mechanism
>of the M5 is more fragile than that of the M6. But the M5 is a Leica and it
>is built like a Tiger tank. However, I like your point of view. I wish there
>were more people like you. Then the M5s I use my M5 a lot and my meter is
fine. >I know that the metering mechanismwould not appreciate as quickly.

>I don't know first hand about the CL, but have heard that it, too, is a fine
>camera. So, let us know where you heard this rumor about the M5 being fragile?
But where to repair the skin of my tiger; the Leica repairman in Holland -who
repaired by the way the metering mechanism- refuses to do it. Not the M5, to
time consuming. Is there a way to stop it, repair it , doing things oneself?
regards   Henk

Replies: Reply from Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com> (Re: M5)