To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Taking the plunge . . .
From: Jorg Nolte <jon@trc.rwcp.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:04:16 +0900

<
<I've been reading the various missives on this list for a while,
<and now find myself thoroughly bitten by the Leica bug.  I'm in
<a happy quandary: I have enough money to buy an M6 and one or two
<new lenses.  Now, here's where you come in.  Which len(ses) should
<I purchase?  I enjoy making portraits, including impromptu street
<shots.  That makes the 90mm a leading candidate, I suppose.
I use the (new) 2.8/90 (superb) and the 2.0/35 Summicron (very good).
The former is really good for portraits and the latter is extremely compact
and perfect for snapshots.
I bought two extra rear-caps for the
lenses and glued the caps together at the rear side.
This way you can change lenses amazigly fast, especially
because the compact M-lenses fit nicely into any average pocket
of your trouser. A very convenient travel equipment.
  Joerg