To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #5
From: Jorg Nolte <jon@trc.rwcp.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 16:04:51 +0900

<A lot of people in this mailing-list talk about a new Leica M6.2 or CL2 or
<anything. Does anybody have reliable information about this ? Is it the
<right time to buy a M6 ?
I didn't hear anything about new M-models.
Anyway, I don't think that an upgraded version of the M6 is very different.
Otherwise at least *I* wouldn't like to buy the new model.
But I would be happy if the M6 would get an electronic sister
like the old Minolta CLE, but with the extended base of the rangefinder
of the M6.
That would be a nice pair for me.
<Another point is the 35 f/2 which is a quite old lens. Is it a new 35 f/2 in
<preparation?
Don't know again. I use the 2.0/35 very often and I can say,
it is optically a very good lens and also extremely compact.
If you need to have ultimate optimal quality, try the 1.4/35 Aspherical.
It's damned expensive, but due to a post of Chasseur D'Image's ratings
it seems to be the best 35 mm around (when I remember correctly).
  Joerg