To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Taking the plunge . . .
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 22:16:16 -0700

Jorge,

You probably made a very good choice. However, consider the 50mm lens as
well. I typically carry only the 35 and 50 mm lenses. This package is even
smaller. I use the 90mm Elmarit for portraits and where I need to exclude
some traces of humanity, including telephone poles and signs. Using two
back-to-back caps is better than using the special ring that Leica makes. If
you use this ring, then some of your lenses may damage other lenses. For
example, the collapsibles may damage the non-collapsibles.

Good luck,

><
><I've been reading the various missives on this list for a while,
><and now find myself thoroughly bitten by the Leica bug.  I'm in
><a happy quandary: I have enough money to buy an M6 and one or two
><new lenses.  Now, here's where you come in.  Which len(ses) should
><I purchase?  I enjoy making portraits, including impromptu street
><shots.  That makes the 90mm a leading candidate, I suppose.
>I use the (new) 2.8/90 (superb) and the 2.0/35 Summicron (very good).
>The former is really good for portraits and the latter is extremely compact
>and perfect for snapshots.
>I bought two extra rear-caps for the
>lenses and glued the caps together at the rear side.
>This way you can change lenses amazigly fast, especially
>because the compact M-lenses fit nicely into any average pocket
>of your trouser. A very convenient travel equipment.
>  Joerg

Pax et Lux,

Chris Fortunko, Boulder, CO
home phone: (303)-494-7246