To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The new 50/2.8 Elmar
From: msmall@roanoke.infi.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:30:04 -0500
Cc: Jack Hamilton <Jack.Hamilton@internetMCI.COM>

Well, my comment on the R system was intended as a joke but, in all
seriousness, I no longer use an R and don't have the slightest desire to
ever go back.  I found the system did little to suit any of my needs:  it
was, by my taste, a large, clunky, slow, unresponsive system which was,
simply, boring.

I'm 46 and wear bifocals.  I can no longer, at my advanced age, focus a
miniature-format SLR with impunity.  I find I CAN focus an RF without much
difficulty.  Hence, I use M with great regularity but have passed on my R
stuff to another more willing to fight with the gear than was I.

I DO use a VISO regularly, as well:  the focusing difficulties don't seem to
be as pronounced, there.

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!