To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The new 50/2.8 Elmar
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 07:04:44 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> Well, my comment on the R system was intended as a joke but, in all
> seriousness, I no longer use an R and don't have the slightest desire to
> ever go back.  I found the system did little to suit any of my needs:  it

After using the M6, I know what you mean. All SLRs are clunky by
comparison. But I just wanted to (in fun) point out the fact that it
really is a good system.

> was, by my taste, a large, clunky, slow, unresponsive system which
> miniature-format SLR with impunity.  I find I CAN focus an RF without

Now that's a term I haven't heard in a long time (miniature format SLR).
I agree, that a manul focus SLR is more difficult to focus wide angle
lenses. Instead of a 17-35 2.8 zoom for my EOS1n, I'm going to get a 21
Elmarit for my M6. I bet I'll use it a lot more than I would the zoom.
--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR