To: gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com
Subject: Re: leica zoom lenses
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 12:30:00 -0500
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   Date: Sat, 10 Feb 96 22:15:17 EST
   From: gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com

   The 28-70 zoom is not designed by Minolta but by Sigma and made by Sigma.
   It is optically the same design as the Sigma 28-70UC, but mechnically more
   metallic and has more Leica "look and feel", and supposedly passed Leica
   quality control. It is as good as any zoom lenses. There is some distortion
   towards the longer end. By the way, I paid $79.95 for my plastic Sigma
   version 3 years ago.

But I'd guess you're using this lens on a non-Leica camera, because
presumably Sigma don't sell lenses in Leica R mounts -- or do they?
(I don't use zooms, but it does occur to me that people who do could
break a lot of $79.95 lenses before they reached the cost of the Leica
variant).