To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica IIIc instructions?
From: Allen French <Allen.French@ASU.Edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 09:38:39 -0700 (MST)

After all these years of using most every type of popular 35mm camera,
I decided it was finally time to use a Leica and see what all the fuss
is about. I found an inexpensive 9cm Elmer about six months ago, and have
just now bought a reasonably priced IIIc at a local camera show to put
it on. Now I am looking for an instruction manual!

Are copies of the original instructions available? At non-collector prices?
I saw an early edition of the "Leica Manual" for about $15, but it didn't
really seem to have detailed camera instructions, although it was of the
screw-mount era.

I know I can probably get by once I get the film loaded (without being
able to take the back off!), but I would really like to have a better
a better understanding of all the controls and to savor my first use of
the camera, rather than just going off half-cocked, as it were.

Finally a Leica owner!--but not yet a Leica user :-(. Allen

Replies: Reply from Gordon Banks <geb@dsl.pitt.edu> (Re: Leica IIIc instructions?)