To: Richard Urmonas <richard@dnd.icp.nec.com.au>
Subject: Re: beggining user questions
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 13:52:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

If you are interested in wide shots (I assume 35mm lens), then the M2
would be more useful than the M3. The M2 has a 35mm frameline and can use
a 35mm lens as is; the M3 has framelines for 50mm, 90mm, and 135mm
and requires a special 35mm lens with spectacles or "eyes". I would get a
35mm lens and a 90mm lens, and forget the 50mm. The 35mm/f2 Summicron is
one of the finest, crispest lenses in the world (the 35mm/f2.8 Summaron
is less expensive). The 90mm/2.8 Tele-Elmarit is compact and also very
good. Reputable used Leica dealers advertiosing in the Shutterbug
include: Woodmere Camera, Jim Kheul, Don Chatterton, Tamarkind. Tell them
you want "good user" condition and are not a collector. I don't think
bike transportation would hurt a Leica. Just make sure any  external
screws are snug.

Michael Volow, M.D. (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Department of Psychiatry, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933