To: Allen French <Allen.French@ASU.Edu>
Subject: Re: Leica IIIc instructions?
From: Gordon Banks <geb@dsl.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 15:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Fri, 16 Sep 1994, Allen French wrote:

> After all these years of using most every type of popular 35mm camera,
> I decided it was finally time to use a Leica and see what all the fuss
> is about. I found an inexpensive 9cm Elmer about six months ago, and have
> just now bought a reasonably priced IIIc at a local camera show to put
> it on. Now I am looking for an instruction manual!
>
> Are copies of the original instructions available? At non-collector prices?
> I saw an early edition of the "Leica Manual" for about $15, but it didn't
> really seem to have detailed camera instructions, although it was of the
> screw-mount era.

If you just want if for "user" value, not collector, you'd probably have
an easier time locating an old Leica book that would have much more
detail in it than any instruction manual.  There's a bookshop in NYC
called "A Photographer's Place" that advertises in Shutterbug, and
probably can provide you with a Leica Way or similar book from the 1950s.

Gordon Banks  N3JXP      |"I do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men
geb@cadre.dsl.pitt.edu   | of old.  I seek the things they sought."  Basho