To: leica-users
Subject: 90mm Elmarit **lens head** --> Leica Thread adapter for sale
From: Michael R. Volow <ecsvax!mvolo@uncecs.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 May 92 08:44:24 -0400

>For sale: custom ring (by Marty Forscher) to connect lens head of 90mm/f2.8
>Elmarit to a Leica thread (like Leica enlarger thread)             $20 firm
>p?lus shipping.

This seems to have confused some readers. This adapter does ** not **
couple a Leica screw-thread lens to a bayonet rangefinder body.

In the 90mm/2.8 Elmarit (not Tele-Elmarit) lens, the front lens head
can be unscrewed from the focussing mount, leaving the bare lens head
to be used on an enlarger or bellows or Visoflex focussing mount.

The the thread on the back of the Elmarit lens head is not a conventional
Leica screw thread. The adapter ring adapts the lens head to an enlarger
or bellows that has a Leica thread (or which can accept a Leica thread
adapter, such as a T-mount with a Leica thread installed).

Since I no longer have a 90mm Elmarit, I no longer need the adapter.

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: 90mm Elmarit **lens head** --> Leica Thread adapter for sale)