To: leica-users
Subject: Leica M2R-rewind lever?
From: adobe!meastman (Mark Eastman)
Date: Tue, 26 May 92 12:26:07 PDT

Does anyone know the difference between an M2 and an M2R body? I've read
that the M2R has a "lever" rewind, however I've never seen one with a rewind
crank like todays standard.

I'm wondering does the M2R has just a geared-up version of the "push-button
rewind" or does it actually have a lever (crank)?
Also, on the standard M3/M2 the term "push-button rewind" seems to be a
misnomer since to rewind the film one pulls the knob up and turns it.

Can anyone clarify what a "lever rewind" on an M2R actually is?

Thanks,
Mark
meastman@adobe.com