To: leica-users
Subject: 50mm f 1.8 Serenar & filters
From: adobe!meastman (Mark Eastman)
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 18:00:42 PDT

I am trying to find a way to use a filter (yellow/red/skylight) on a
collapsible 50mm f1.8 Serenar.The internal thread on this lens is an oddballbboth 39mm & 40mm fail to fit.

I looked at a book on Canon RF but there was no mention of any filter sizes. I have found, though, that a standard hood for a current Leitz 50 f2
Summicron (that can hold a 39mm filter) fits the outer diameter of the
Serenar bperfectly but with nothing for the hood to sink its metal tabs into its too easy to slip off.

Since the hood would cost more to replace than the lens, another alternative.
might be more practical.

Have any other users found a substitute for (long gone?) Serenar filters of
this era?

Thanks,

Mark Eastman
meastman@adobe.com