[Leica] New 35mm Summicron

Don Dory don.dory at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 09:19:10 PST 2021

I'm not sure: leica's have always been expensive.   I had a chance to chat
with Leica's chief lens designer last month: when asked about appropriate
sensor density fit for the current line of Summilux's.  He said 40mp which
fits with their current line of cameras.

But we know that sensor density is going up and lenses will have to be
designed for that reality as well as using an LCD for focusing,  dof
previews, and evaluation of exposure settings.   So the new lens focuses
closer and I bet will be compatible with very high sensor densities.

As to cost,  the upcoming generation is making stupid incomes with well
chosen areas of expertise.   And some are making really low income with
less informed decisions.   The disparity has been with us always.