[Leica] New 35mm Summicron

John McMaster john at mcmaster.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 11:03:53 PST 2021

People have used the 50 APO on the 100MP Fujis with very successful (other than some vignetting) results.

john

On 04/03/2021, 17:19, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG" <lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.uk at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    I'm not sure: leica's have always been expensive.   I had a chance to chat
    with Leica's chief lens designer last month: when asked about appropriate
    sensor density fit for the current line of Summilux's.  He said 40mp which
    fits with their current line of cameras.

    But we know that sensor density is going up and lenses will have to be
    designed for that reality as well as using an LCD for focusing,  dof
    previews, and evaluation of exposure settings.   So the new lens focuses
    closer and I bet will be compatible with very high sensor densities.

    As to cost,  the upcoming generation is making stupid incomes with well
    chosen areas of expertise.   And some are making really low income with
    less informed decisions.   The disparity has been with us always.