[Leica] OT: how to store a laptop in luggage

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Tue May 9 15:21:36 PDT 2017

It’s looking like our wonderful Department of Homeland Security is about to require us to store laptops in checked luggage on flights from the UK and possibly Europe.

Any thoughts on how to keep these things from being stolen?

The “TSA approved locks” have readily available 3D printer keys so it’s not like someone can’t just root through your luggage while handling your baggage.

I’ve never thought of putting my cameras in the hold of an airplane. I’m queasy thinking of my laptop being down there.

Thoughts? I’m really looking for a solution if this goes into effect. We have two trips to Europe planned for this summer/autumn.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Adam Bridge