[Leica] Leica M9 CCD problem

Tina Manley tmanley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 15:26:03 PDT 2017

Absolutely!!  You need to communicate directly with somebody in the repair
department.  There used to be a professional division that you had to
qualify for, but that has been defunct for awhile.  Now you just need to
make it a point to talk to somebody who will be directly responsible for
working on your camera and getting it back to you.  I have sent all of my
cameras in for CLA at one time or another, my M3 jammed and had to be
repaired, I had to send the SL lens in when it jammed, the M9 had the
sensor problem and I was offered an upgrade to the newest Monochrome, my
two M8's went in for cleaning and repairing after they were submerged in
the river in Honduras.  I don't think Leica has ever had any of my cameras
for over two weeks.  When they did have to keep an M6 longer and I needed
it for a trip, they sent me a loaner overnight.

It pays to be loyal and appreciative, too!

Tina

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Scott Gregory <scottgregory at mac.com> wrote:

> I have to say my service turn around with my M9 was excellent. It took
> several weeks of phone calls to get the date to send last fall, which was a
> bit onerous, but once I got the date they paid to have my camera sent from
> Canada to New Jersey and it turned around and I had it back postage paid as
> well within 6 weeks. I was not expecting that but was pleasantly surprised.
> I cannot complain about my experience.
> Previously the second year I had the camera, the sensor had to be pixel
> mapped. I sent it again to New Jersey postage paid by Leica, they remapped
> the sensor and I had it back within 3 weeks that time.
> One thing I did each time was to call and get the name of the person
> making the decisions in the repair area and deal with them.
> Scott
>
> > On Aug 26, 2017, at 6:08 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Chris.... Did you actually get an expected repair date?
> > I did not.
> >
> > Tina gets special service because she is a pro.... the rest of us get the
> > normal lousy service.....  or so I see it.....
> >
> > My M9 took 2 weeks to get it shipped after I was told the repair was
> done.
> > That was in addition to a 9 week repair cycle.....  In addition to my
> > vacation of 6 weeks... that was a total of 4+ months after I recognized
> the
> > problem.
> > Sure hope that record will not be broken by the Monochrom
> >
> > Frank Filippone
> >
> > Red735i at verizon.net

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com