[Leica] Nathan's PAD 13/8/2017: the Muchavista market

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Mon Aug 14 12:28:32 PDT 2017

While I am not able to bike this week, I can still drive, so yesterday we went to a fruit-and-veg market in El Campello, less than 5 km from our home. It is held every Thursday and Sunday, and it is totally non-posh—just a few stands in a large parking lot. Most of the produce is locally grown, and while it does not always look supermarket-perfect, it tastes better and is far cheaper than the plastic-wrapped variety. Four images follow.

One of the bigger stands:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-PWdbLBB/A

Tomatoes and pears. After ten years in Spain, when I travel to other countries and eat tomatoes there, what strikes me is that they do not smell like tomatoes at all! Not even in California.
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4V64bwC/A

Green and leafy, plus some carrots:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xWB3nCN/A

There are also some non-food stands, like this one, selling fake Barcelona football shirts:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-pTJKTWN/A
The real thing costs at least 10 times as much as this.

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>