[Leica] Barcelona La Rambla, missing traditions...

lluisripollphotography lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:33:59 PST 2016

Hi Nathan,

I don’t know if you have know La Rambla before the …. say 1995, at that time it was a wonderful Boulevard with local people, flowers and birds sellers. The only swindlers at that time was “los Trilleros”, the Bars was not so expensive, at that time it was too more pickpockets than now, for us, the Barcelona people who have known the old Rambla now is only nostalgia. Myself in the 80’s and 90’s if I shall go everywhere if it was possible I preferred go through La Rambla, today is absolutely the contrary, I try to go in another way. Same thing with La Boqueria market, every day there are less local sellers and the streets you mention around La Rambla are changing too very fast… this is probably the sign of all the cities of the World….

I don’t know if you already know my vintage albums

La Rambla (Vintage)
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/lluisripoll/albums/72157646568324520>

La Boqueria (Vintage)
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/lluisripoll/albums/72157649652185812>