[Leica] IMGs: Ending an era.

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Mon Sep 29 11:59:21 PDT 2014

On Sep 29, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> I have a set of stone mason's chisels with my grandfathers company name on them. No longer practical to use, they bring on wonderful memories.
>
> However, I have or rather my father got rid of the rest.
>
> Is it practical to keep a chest of tools that you will never use?  Is it more practical to keep a small set of them and to pass on these wonderful tools to someone else who will love them and use them?
>
> If you decide to keep them, what will happen when you go that great tool place in the sky?
>
> I belong to a list of hand tool users and collectors.  The topic has come up several times.....
>
> Everyone has a different answer

Yup!

As I'm moving into new quarters I'm making the decisions as I go.
I'm hoping to turn Dad's wooden chest into a functional tool box
for my "small" tools… that I do indeed use.

I'll keep some of his tools — that I do use — squares, calipers, etc.

the rest… who knows… does a market exist for micrometers?
I'll have to find out.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com