Subject: [Leica] My 6 weekly pictures
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 08:10:13 -0500

May I pipe up about cropping?   It surely depends on your style of
shooting.  I usually am most interested in the moment over the composition,
and that even goes for shooting flowers.  I rarely shoot with a macro, more
often a wide to normal focal length. I almost never use a tripod, and
usually, images are made in the ?wild? without any lighting or reflectors,
etc.

Probably my technique stems from a past life as a photojournalist.  Thus, I
shoot only a few images an outing, much like I did when using film.   The
upshot is that I still am pretty choosy about what I show, so I end up
often heavily cropping without shame.  It all comes from the concept that I
am showing you what I see; ?Look!?  or to express it in biblical terms,
?Behold!?

Regards,
Sonny
www.SonC.Com/Look