Subject: [Leica] Speculation on the M8/M8.2/M9 timeline
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:05:45 +0100

Vick,

sounds highly plausible.  If you are right, then I'm glad Leica did it
this way.  I would have probably sold my rangefinder equipment and
bought more Canon digital hardware.  As it happened, I bought the M8 and
consequently, my Canon equipment is largely unused by me.

I have mixed feelings about your views on lens prices.  I suspect you
are right, especially with regard to used lenses.  I think the 28-35-50
tri-elmar will become even more expensive, which is a shame as it's a
lens I would like to own one day.  Who knows perhaps Leica will produce
another version of this lens now that they have a full-frame digital
product.

I am very happy with the M8 and would like the M9 not least to be able
to use my 18 as an 18 rather than a '24'.

Unlike Steve, I know where my piggy bank is, but it's somewhat empty at
the moment and no means of topping it up... :-(  I'm not complaining
though as I have some very nice gear to show for it and I'm happy with
the results.

Maybe I'll be able to afford an ex-demo model in a year or two's time.
That's how I bought my M8s and have no regrets.

Best wishes

Mark

--

Mark Pope,