Subject: [Leica] Slow CV 20mm...now S2
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:44:27 -0400

I think the S system is analogous to the Contax N1 and the digital
which attempted to follow. And we all know where those led to.
As for the full frame M, I don't see it coming ever unless Leica
decides to use a chip which would be something like a phased array
fresnel lens; turning on & off certain photo sites according to lens
coding and focus. Unless they come out with a full frame sensor and a
complete new line of non-retrofocus lenses, in which case the problem
is solved.
But then the problem is already solved because the world has the Canon
5D and the Nikon D700 (and the pro bodies too).

Phil Forrest