Subject: [Leica] Slow CV 20mm...now S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:10:17 -0400

I don't think of the S as a show off system.
To me the S stands for Superman - not Show off man.
I think the M and R systems have been used as jewelry more than with the S
system is ever going to be. you're not going to see any Safari S's. No
Panda's. No commemorative.
The S system will be handled by people who are going for an excellent
graphic result.
They wont be worn like jewelry.

Carl Lagerfeld will use one.
So will Steven Maisel;
And if she can scrape up the cash Annie Liebowitz.
So they'll probably sell three.

They have as much panache as a hand held surface to air missile launcher.

Maybe Carl Lagerfeld will design a special jacket which make the S camera
look good hanging off his shoulder. And a strap.

I have to tell you holding one in ones hand puts a gleam in ones eye.
I almost took out a chandelier at Bergdorf's.

But the battery was half dead.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Slow CV 20mm...now S2)