Subject: Re: [Leica] Yasuhara T-981
From: S Dimitrov <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:26:24 -0800

As things would have it, I now have an M3 and an M6. Thanks to all the
Luggers for the advice, by the way. My thoughts on the T-981 was just a
flight of fantasy, deservedly unrequited now. The problem with being a
Leicaphil, is that I'm always looking for a piece of gear that will be
"just so." It also makes me a slavish sycophant of Leitz's manufacturing
vagaries. Ah well, one could always have worse vices.

 Slobodan Dimitrov

D Khong wrote:
> S Dimitrov wrote:
> >That's really too bad, as I'm always looking for an alternative platform
> >for my lenses. Initially, when I saw the camera, it reminded me of a
> >Zorky 3, but with new technology. I'm sure it will become a collectible
> >in spite of its shortcomings.
> >
> Slobodan
> If you are looking for alternative cameras for Leica lenses, I would
> recommend the Hexar RF (for M mount lenses and Screwmount ones with
> appropriate adapter) and the Bessa-R for screwmount lenses.
> I am using a Hexar RF with great satisfaction.
> Dan K.
>           To handle a hard situation, try a soft answer.

Message from D Khong <> (Re: [Leica] Yasuhara T-981)