Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:09:44 -0400

Never have, though I take steps to minimize the possiblity. Before leaving,
I make up a list of the gear I'm going to carry, complete with serial
numbers for all items. I ask Customs to stamp it before I leave (they've
never actually asked to see the gear before stamping the list, since
they're not really certifying that the list actually matches my gear --
though the opportunity to check it is clearly there). This is not a
guarantee that I won't be grilled on my return, of course, but the
authority of an official Customs date stamp is considerable within the
organization.

BTW, I also include on my list any other items that could be questioned
(watch, binocs, computer, etc.).///REB
_____

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs)