Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:54:54 -0400

At 11:45 PM 8/7/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Has any of the LUGgers here ever actually been questioned about the content of
>their camera bag when entering the U.S.? I have done so several times, both
>when I lived there and since moving to Europe; mostly via JFK or Newark but
>also Orlando on one occasion. None of the customs officers ever expressed any
>interest in anything beyond getting the white form you fill out on the plane.
>
>Nathan

I used to carry a complete list of all of my equipment, serial numbers,
purchase dates, etc.  In 25 years of international travel, no one has asked
for it.  That's not to say that the next time I travel they won't!  If
there is anything consistent about customs regulations, it is their
inconsistency!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com