Subject: RE: [Leica] Week 15
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:24:55 -0400

	[BOB KRAMER]  Oh my God!  My photo has been "louped"!  Oh the shame!
<g>

> and sure enough '15.html' has pixels the same size as all of the other
> great works that I've seen from LUG! Don't sell yourself short, you must
> be
> doing something right. I like your Summicron too. ;-)

	[BOB KRAMER]  Thank you kindly for the compliment!  :-)

	To be honest, I actually like the work that I produce a fair amount
of the time.  And I love the actual "doing" of it all of the time.  And my
lens produces a sweet tonality to the image, and an ability to suck light
out of nowhere that I never got with my 1.4 Nikkor.  Maybe my initial
comments relate more to my belief that people seem to fixate on resolution
and image sharpness way too much of the time.  If you want ultimate
sharpness and are going to setup with a tripod and slow film any way (so you
can get that ultimate sharpness), use a 4x5 camera!

	I don't like my Summicron more than my Nikkor because it is sharper
- -- I really don't know if it is.  But rather for the other qualities of the
images it produces.  Leica glass, Tri-X and Xtol... I love that stuff!

	Bob Kramer