Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: R8
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:35:34 EST

I applaud honesty and integrity.  There are so many people in this world that
feel that they are winning when they deceive, cheat and lie about something
that they are  trying to sell.  I just found out that the new Hasselblad back
that I purchased last year had been to the factory for repair 1996.  It will
cost me almost $300 to repair it.  Do you think that I will ever purchase
another product from this dealer?  I have spread the word on this business.

I would be very much interested in discussing the purchase of your R8.  Please
email me directly.

Thank you,

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

In a message dated 11/17/98 11:55:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hmcclary@earthlink.net writes:

<< Tuesday, Tuesday, November 17, 1998, Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

 > With such a marketing, you have no chance to sell your lemon !

 Well,

 First,  I  am  an honest person.  I would not feel right not to inform
 people of the problem I had with the camera.

 Second,  as  I  said,  it has been fixed by Leica NJ and their repairs
 have  a  6 month warranty. Should the same thing occur again send it in
 with the letter and they should fix it again.

 Compared with many of the problems I have heard of on the R8, this one
 was  simple.  A  bad  rear  door. That is all. They thought it was the
 static problem at first and hence the confusion on the repair. Look in
 the  R8  book  and  you  will  see  that the problems I was having are
 exactly  the same as a static problem described in the book. Rear door
 replaced, battery of tests done, problem with the static fixed. All in
 all a like new R8 for much less. Not a bad deal and coming from me you
 KNOW what you are getting into. Just buy any camera used anywhere else
 and  I  assure  you,  you damn sure will not know what you are getting
 into.

 They  had the thing for 3 weeks and performed a bunch of tests on it. I
 spoke  with  the  repair  person  who was working on it and he told me
 everything   they did to it and I am sure it is in top condition.

 BTW   from  your  statement  above  anything  you try to sell will be
 suspect.

 Have a good day.

 Best regards,
  Harrison McClary